Getting Started with CanadaHelps Ticketed Events
Learn how to make the most of the CanadaHelps Events Tool!
The CanadaHelps Ticketed Events Tool makes it easy to manage your charity event. Learn how to create a beautiful, branded event page, sell tickets and manage attendees for events of any size. In this course, you will learn what the CanadaHelps Events Tool is, why charities use it and how you can begin using the tool to run your charity’s next event.
What is the CanadaHelps Ticketed Events Tool?
The CanadaHelps Ticketed Events tool is the easiest way to manage your charity events. It is designed to help charities of all sizes manage their ticket sales, attendance and donations. The tool incorporates ecommerce best practices to help charities attract maximum participation and lift your fundraising results.
What are different types of Ticketed Events?
There are so many different types of Ticketed Events that charities can run, events are only limited by your creativity. Some of the most popular events to run are:
- Gala Night
- Ball/ Dance
The type of event you run should depend largely on the audience you are trying to reach, your organization’s mission, fundraising goals for the events and resources to run an event. Some secondary considerations would be the sponsorship you’ll be able to secure, how the event fits with your other programming, your competition and your organization’s ability to reproduce the event multiple times while maintaining interest if you hope to run the event regularly.
You can start small with a dinner event inviting your supporters to hear from some of the service recipients in the past year. Once you’ve had some experience running events it may be worth lining up a larger event to celebrate a milestone, getting buy-in from sponsors and media coverage for a larger-scale Gala Night!
Why do charities use our Ticketed Events tool?
The CanadaHelps Ticketed Events tool can be used for any event to sell online tickets. You can even use the tool for free events as a way to register and manage your attendees.
Charities use our ticketed event tools because of its combination of features for charities and built-in features to support best practices:
- Seamlessly selling tickets
- Automatically issuing tax receipts
- Customizing and branding your event
- Maximizing attendance
- Built-in reporting and communication tools
How to use the Events tool
Create your Ticketed Event in 5 easy steps
- Login to your Charity Account and click on the “Ticketed Events” tab
- Click on “Create New Event” in the top right corner.
- You will find 5 tabs where all edits to your Event campaign can be made
- General Event Information - language settings, event overview, dates and location
- Media Library - add images and videos
- Page Visuals - add a page header and choose your colours
- Tickets and Tax Receipts - add tax receipt options, ticket types, promo codes and more
- Email Preferences - add an auto email reply to confirm ticket purchase
4. Save your Ticketed Event and use the HTML embed the form or add a button that links to your newly created Ticketed Event URL
Managing Your Event
You can edit, manage or view any of your events at any time by clicking on these options from the Events main page next to your campaign’s details. You will also be able to grab the code for embedding the Event directly to your website.
Under “Manage,” you will see 2 tabs. All of the information shown will reflect the real-time progress of your campaign. We recommend checking in often to see your progress and see whether adjustments need to be made to reach your goals.
- Sales & Donations - View ticket sales, event donations, promo code usage and days to go in the handy dashboard. You’ll also be able to add Offline Purchases, review event attendees, manage communications, and resend tickets and tax receipts. Download a .CSV file and plug it in elsewhere as needed
NOTE: If you’ve selected “No Tax Receipt” or “Post-Event Tax-Receipting” for your event, any tax receipt-related actions will be inactive.
- Attendees - View attendee information and manage the check-in of your attendees
"We appreciate that we don't have to spend the time and focus on issuing tax receipts and that we have options for event fundraising and peer-to-peer tools. The team is so fantastic, we always feel so supported and know that if a donor is having troubles, we can send them to CanadaHelps and will receive excellent customer service; that is really important to us. I always know when I use a CanadaHelps product or service that it will be reliable, successful, and easy to navigate and that is a huge weight off the shoulders!
"CanadaHelps is straightforward and largely automated in its daily functioning. Over $2M has been raised for Seva through CanadaHelps! We appreciate the direct relationship with the CanadaHelps team. There's a reason why CanadaHelps is the default choice for small and medium-sized charities in Canada. They make it easy!"